Call our experienced project consultants at (800) 716-0636
Beautiful & Strong
Those are the two words you will hear when visitors gaze at your structural timber trusses from American Pole & Timber. Your timber trusses will be seen by numerous future generations and will leave an impression with each of them. We build timber trusses that create history.
Ordering timber trusses is easy
To help you get started with your timber trusses, fill out our timber truss project form and call 1 (800) 716-0636.
Design Options for Every User
Whether you are a homeowner, builder, architect, or engineer, we will work with you throughout the truss design and manufacturing process to ensure your timber trusses meet your technical and visual expectations and stay within your budget and design requirements.
If you need design assistance, our professional Project Consultants can help you select the best design for your structural and aesthetic preferences. To get started with your timber truss order, fill out our timber truss project form or call 1 (800) 716-0636 or contact us online.
We offer three options for your timber trusses’ joint connections:
- Bolted Plate (aka Antique Bolted Plate) -- traditional & most popular
- Hidden Fasteners -- no visible hardware
- Knife Blade -- single plate connecting the beams internally
- Timber trusses built precisely to your specifications
- We can assist with the design for structure & aesthetics
- We can provide engineered drawings for all states
Homeowners & construction professionals
- We can provide engineered design; just bring us your concept
- We are happy to work with your designer
- Shipped assembled ready to install
- Timber trusses can also be disassembled and shipped for on-site assembly
- Timber trusses shipped worldwide
Wood Finish Options
If no special finish is specified, your timber trusses will be delivered “unfinished”, which is the standard rustic appearance for most timber trusses. You have multiple finishing, chamfer, and staining options for your timber trusses, including:
- Unfinished (the Standard) — Unsanded, natural “rough sawn” look
- Hand Hewn — the antique planed-by-hand look
- Distressed — a rough, aged appearance
- Planed — smooth but unsanded
- Planed and Sanded
- Chamfered or Routed Edges
Timber Truss Restoration and Historical Replicas
We build timber trusses to match historical or damaged trusses in structures such as churches, school buildings, restaurants, and other historical buildings.
Every restoration or matching project starts with a detailed analysis of the building and its structural needs. We manage a close relationship with our clients to make sure all the project requirements and current building codes are met. We want every little detail to be just right — from design to finish.
A great example of our expertise in restoring or matching heavy timber trusses is the “Pier 29 Boat House Project”. We rebuilt the Pier 29 Boat Shed (San Francisco, CA) which was damaged by a fire. 15 massive timber trusses were needed — they had to match the historical design, meet current load requirements and the trusses had to be delivered in 2 months. Read the full story by SBCA magazine (page 14).